Search engines are beginning to weigh your site’s page load speed as a factor in where it gets ranked in their search results. Milliseconds could matter when it comes to where your site gets ranked in the results. Additionally, your site visitors are coming to your site more on mobile devices today than ever before. Your site won’t always load as quickly on a smartphone as it does on a desktop. You don’t want to keep those people waiting for your site to load. It needs to load fast.
WordPress Page Load Speed Optimization Provides:
- Caching your site’s pages so that they load quickly in your visitor’s browser.
- Combining and minifying your site’s code so that your visitor’s browser isn’t wasting time loading more files and code than it needs to.
- Optimizing images for display on the web.
- Setting up a Content Delivery Network (CDN). This will take a load off of your site’s server, and help to load your site quicker for your visitors.Additional fees may apply depending on the CDN chosen.
- Database optimization and repairs if needed to ensure that WordPress can query the database quickly and efficiently.
- Plugin review to identify plugins which may cause your site to load slower. Sometimes plugins add extra bulk to your site, which can be eliminated by using another plugin or by changing a setting in the existing plugin.
Depending on which web host your site is being hosted on and the type of hosting account you have will play a role in how fast your site can load. Some hosts limit access to certain settings, which may not allow your site to load as quickly as it could on another host or even another type of hosting plan. Most hosting accounts will allow the WordPress page load speed optimizations to get your site to at least an acceptable load speed. If after all the optimization work is complete, you wish to move your site to another host we can discuss alternatives that will meet your needs.